St-Patrick's Day String Art

I got the idea for this St-Patrick's day craft from a Valentine's craft I made this year. I was inspired by a heart garland I saw online. It was a garland of hearts which were made of yarn wrapped around cardboard. I tried my hand at it and made a couple of multi-coloured hearts and hung them from the handles of my dinig room hutch. They were very fun and pretty easy to make. Little Miss and her friend had fun making some after school. 
I was at the Dollarstore the other day and I found this green and gold yarn. I thought I would use the string technique to make some shamrocks to decorate for St-Patrick's day.
What you need:
Green yarn
2 equal peices of cardboard 
Scissors and a pen

What to do:
1. Draw a shamrock shape on the cardboard and cut it out.
2. Trace the 1st shamrock on the 2nd peice of cardboard and cut out the second shamrock.
3. Start wrapping the shapes with the yarn. Hold the end down, you can tape it down to secure it or go over the loose end 2 or 3 times to secure it in place.
4. Continue wrapping the shamrock until the cardboard is all covered. When you are done, measure a length of yarn, long enough to double over to create a loop for hanging. Pass the loop through some of the yarn and tie the yarn with the loop facing up. 
5. Repeat the yarn wrapping with the second shamrock. 
Hang the shamrocks as decorations or make more to create a festive St-Patrick's day garland. 
Happy St-Patrick's Crafting! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games