Time Out


                                                        What I had planned to do this weekend
My activity suggestion for this week is to leave the kids at home (under supervision of course, while you’re at it you can leave your spouse there too) and have some alone time.  Real alone time.  Not alone while doing the groceries time, that’s nice but every once in a while we all need some good quality time by ourselves.  I was lucky enough to get two days to myself.  My sister was going out of town and she offered me her apartment.  This was exciting for a number of reasons 1- she lives in the city and I live in the suburbs (there is a Starbucks within walking distance of her place and we don’t have a Starbucks at all where I live, so yay for coffee!) 2- I could have a weekend to myself for free. 

All the pieces fell into place and I had a weekend all to myself.  Everyone kept asking what I was going to do and I didn’t want to say nothing so I made a list

·         Do yoga in the park (there are some places near her that do that in the summer)

·         Go to the spa (I had a coupon for a free manicure)

·         Go to the book store

All of these things are fun and worth doing but I did none of them.  Quite honestly I did nothing and I needed to do nothing. 

In the first hour that I was alone I realized how not only do I have my son on a schedule but I’m on a schedule too.  Even when I have nothing that I have to do I was in a hurry to do it.  So I took myself off the schedule and did absolutely nothing that was on the list.  I lay on the couch and watched a lot of un-kid friendly TV and ate junk food.  I went for a couple of walks (because it was a beautiful weekend) with no particular destination in mind.  I even managed to sneak in a drink with my best friend and a cat nap (an actual nap with a cat!)  It was wonderful.  I checked in once and was told that all was well and to keep enjoying myself.  By Saturday afternoon I was feeling more relaxed and missing my little man.

I am grateful that I had the chance to do it and strongly recommend it, and don’t just think about it or talk about it.  Get out there and do nothing! 

Comments

  1. Happy you were able to do nothing! THE BEST EVER! Glad you had some "me" time...always required after awhile.

    p.s. love the bit about the cat nap :)

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games