My little man has never seen Despicable Me 1 or 2 but he loves the minions and with good reason who doesn't love minions? I got this idea from a teacher friend who had her class decorate minions with characteristics specific to each student. We printed out some minion colouring pages, decided what kind of minions we would make and then drew specific characteristics for each minion. It's a fun craft and helps develop vocabulary while having fun!
Cost: Under $5.00
Time: 20 minutes
- Black and white printouts of minions
- Markers, crayons or paints
- Popsicle sticks
- White glue
- Print out a stack of minion pictures (I printed out 3, full page minions and 6, half page minions)write what kind of minion it will be on the bottom of each paper. We did a combination of emotions (happy, sad) and characters (pirate, princess etc)
- For each minion talk about what characteristics would make that minion a happy minion or a princess minion etc. and draw it.
- Set aside family minions, talk about characteristics of each family member, Decorate the family member minions.
- When all the minions are done cut them out and glue a Popsicle stick on the back of each one.
- Make up stories using your new minions!
Post a Comment