Fairy Garden Sign

I don't usually start setting up my fairy garden until May or sometimes June, depending on the weather but this year we had an unseasonably warm April so I set it up early this year. Over the years I have shared the different incarnations of my fairy garden. This year it looks similar to other years that we've lived in this house. I like my little spot next to the front door. It adds some whimsy to the front of our house. 
My new addition this year is this slate "welcome to our gnome" sign. I made a small slate sign that read "gnome sweet gnome" a number of years ago. It has survived through many seasons and has a bit of character now but it still looks good. I haven't decided if I am going to replace the little one with this big one or simply have two. Can you ever really have too many gnome signs? Oh, my husband says yes! 
I made my new gnome welcome gnome sign on a slate shingle given to me by a friend. It used to be a roof shingle on her grandparents' house, it's the perfect size for a stand-up welcome sign. The lettering and the gnome were stencils I printed on the cricut. I painted the letters and the gnome in white to start. I left the letters as they were but added color and details to the gnome. It was looking bare so I added a climbing plant with flowers.  It was still bare so I gave my gnome a mushroom and a mushroom house. I like this extra touch of whimsy beside our front door. 
Happy spring and happy crafting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games