Counting Activity

A friend gave me these cute Mason  jar ornaments and little wood shapes one year for my birthday. They reminded me of catching bugs on a summer day. I decided to used them to make this counting activity that I played with Little Miss. I made this a few years ago before she started kindergarten. Back then we used this activity to practice counting but we've used it again recently to practice addition. This is another activity that is easy to throw into your bag and pull out at a restaurant or coffee shop. 
What you need:
● Mason Jar shapes
● Small wood shapes, I had flowers, butterflies and birds
●Paint pens or markers
●Drawstring bag 
What to do:
 There are two sides to this activity. 
Activity 1: Read the number written above the shape, pick out that many shapes from the bag. 
How to make it: Write a number then trace the outline of one of the shapes beneath it. 
Activity 2: Choose a Mason jar ornament then pick out the same number of shapes as traced on the jar and place them in the jar.
What to do: On the other side of the Mason jar ornaments trace the outline of a shape 1-8 times.   
This is fun you can count on!!!




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games