Mud Kitchen

My little Miss is getting to the age where she doesn't play with her play kitchen as much anymore, unless there's mud involved! I moved all her kitchen toys and playfood outside, the result is so much fun to see. She is rediscovering the toys that she hasn't played with for months. 
When I was looking up ideas for mud kitchens Isaw a lot of beautifully muddy wooden kitchens that handy people had built. I went in a different direction, I decided to repurpose the toys we had in the house, most of which we've had since Little Man was this age.
There was a corner of our backyard that had been a garden but the animals kept eating it so I gave up on that thought. We put down some mulch and some old fence panels for Little Miss to sit on. We used some old planters to hold the dirt, mud and water. 
since our backyard is a bit of a wind tunnel I made sure to secure everything to the fence with bungee cords. Putting the mud kitchen next to her playhouse created a fun area for her and her friends to get as creative and messy as they want and has given new life to her toy kitchen and her little house!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games