Family Tree



I had wanted to make a family tree for my son’s nursery when I was pregnant but as many of my ideas that fell to the side.  The other day I was inspired by a clip on Disney Junior and I decided that this would be a perfect time to pick up the project that I had abandoned and let my son add his own touches.  It is a great project to make together and an opportunity to talk about the different relationships that make up a family.

In this day of digital cameras we don’t have pictures lying around anymore waiting to be put into albums.  So you’ll have to  take a trip to a photo kiosk or print them at home if you have a good printer.

Time: 1 hour

Cost: Under $10.00 (other than the cost of printing the pictures I used what I had at home)

Material:
·         Cardstock or construction paper (I used some scrapbooking leftovers for this project)

·         Family pictures

·         Glue

·         Scissors

·         Frame

Directions:
1.       Cut out the shape of a tree and leaves.  Glue the forms onto the background.  Cut a strip[ for the grass and glue onto the background.

2.       Cut the faces of your loved ones out of pictures (this sounds creepy but whole pictures are too big)

3.       Place the pictures where you want them then glue them.  Put your child’s picture on the trunk of the tree with parents after followed by aunts uncles cousins and grandparents.

4.       Print and glue names under the pictures (I printed them on matching cardstock)

5.       Frame and hang.

Have Fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games