DIY Lego Advent Calendar

Homemade Adevent Calendar
Instead of chocolate advent calendars I like having an advent calendar of toys or activities that we can do as a family. It is nice to have a special time to slow down turn on the Christmas lights and play as a family. Last year we had a Playdough advent calendar, that was a big hit so the bar was set high for this year.  I was very excited when I came accross a Lego Advent Calendar because we are currently in a Lego obsession (the castle Lego with knights and treasure and even a dragon) but then I saw the price.  I decided to try and make one for half the price and this is what I came up with. 

Tip: I bought one box of Lego (a small one) about 90 peices. I wasn't sure if I would have enough with one box so I bought a Playmobile knight set as well but there would have been enough with just one box.

Time:1 hour

Cost: $15.00

Material:
  • 2 empty boxes (one rough cardboard and one soft cordboard)
  • 1 box of lego (about 90 peices)
  • Christmas wrapping paper
  • Tape
  • Marker
Directions:
  • Using the soft cardboard (a soft drink case works well) make a grid 4 rows of 5 squares. Place the grid inside the rough cardboard box (I used an old diaper box.) Cut the devider between the last two squares making a total of 23 small squares and one large square.
  • Assemble the Lego.  Devide the peices equally between all the squares. Tape all the peices to the back of the box (so they don't fall when the box is standing upright.)
  • Wrap the whole box in Christmas wrapping paper. Using a marker draw a dotted line on three sides of each square. Number each box.
To open the doors cut along the dotted line with an exacto knife. Let the countdown begin! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games