Superhero Yoga Stories


The more I read about introducing yoga to children and the more classes I go to the more I try to find creative ways to make yoga fun and accessible for my little man (and getting in my daily yoga at the same time.)

Once children have a repertoire of poses they are comfortable with it's easy to have them interact while you do yoga. Our favourite yoga game is to tell stories through poses.

To make your own yoga story:
  1. Choose a story that everyone knows. 
  2. Choose a pose for each character.
  3. Tell the story using the yoga poses.
Superheroes come up a lot when we're doing yoga. These are the poses we chose for each superhero. 
Thor = Lord of the dance pose
Hulk = Mountain pose (and you have to say Hulk smash)
Iron Man = Warrior III pose
Captain America = Lunge pose
Spider man = Bridge pose
Sentinel = Tree pose
Wolverine = Warrior I pose
Nick Fury = Lotus pose

Using these poses my little man can become a superhero while working on his concentration and his creativity. 

Comments

  1. What a cute and fun idea! I love it! I even think I could get my 3 year old into yoga with this method :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun, we've also done Jake and the Neverland Pirates poses and Doc McStuffins poses. You can really adapt it to whatever your little one is interested in. Have fun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games