Messages from the Heart Fairy!

This is our family's variation of an activity I saw on Instagram. I started out by decorating the kid's doors with hearts and adding one heart every night before I went to bed so they had a nice surprise in the morning. Little Miss said it must be messages from the heart fairy, who is like the toothfairy but for Valentine's Day. I love that she imagined up a Valentine's Day fairy who leaves heart shapped messages on kid's doors on the days leading up to February 14th. I imagine a fairy dressed in red and pink with heart shapped wings.
What you need:
●Construction paper or card stock (the paper can be Valentine's colors or your kid's favorite colors. I used what I had on hand, red, blue, orange and yellow) 
●Markers
●Tape
What to do:
1. Cut out one large heart (for the center of the door.) Cut out 14 medium sized hearts (big enough to write a sentence in.) Cut out 10-15 small hearts. 
2. Cut out a banner to go accross the big heart (I used white paper for this but any lighter color will do.)
3. Glue the banner accross the middle of the large heart. Write your child's name on the banner. 
4. Writing: On the large heart write "I Love" above the banner and "because" below the banner. 
On the medium sized heart write sweet messages or funny puns like "you are one in a melon."
5. Tape the hearts on the door. Start by taping the big heart in the center of the door. Decorate the rest of the door with the little hearts. 
Each night, or morning, depending on your routine tape one sweet message to the door. By Valentine's Day the door will be full of sweet messages from the 'heart fairy.' 
Happy Valentine's Day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games