Just Add Peel and Stick Wallpaper

We were very lucky that we didn't have to paint when we moved into our new house. The walls had been painted not too long ago in neutral tones, the colors are nice and they were just waiting for our personal touches. I don't love painting walls but I wanted some color. 
I like the look of wallpaper but I have vivid memories of helping my Mom remove wallpaper. It was not an easy task. 
I heard good things about peel and stick wallpaper, the prospect of just peeling it off was very appealing to me. There were 3 places in the house that I wanted an accent wall with the peel and stick wallpaper paper  the master bedroom, Little Misse's room and the laundry closet in the powder room. 

Before starting I watched videos of people pitting up peel and stick wallpaper to get tops and tricks. It looked easy enough.I suggest wa5ching some videos, especially if you learn by watching others. I ordered two of the rolls of wallpaper from Amazon. For Little Misse's room we chose a light blue wall paper with gold stars rp to go with her space themed room. The wallpaper was a bit thin and the texture of it marks up very easily. It was tricky to install, it wasn't as easy to peel off andrestick to the wall, it sometimes got stuck on itself and it marked up easily when using the smoothing tool. On the flip side it was easy to wipe off the marks with a damp cloth.
The wallpaper for the master bedroom also came from Amazon and it was much easier to install. It was thicker, the same texture and thickness of tradition wallpaper. It did, however have a strong smell. I made sure to open the windows and the smell was gone within a day or two but that is something g to keep in mind, darker wallpaper use more dyes which can give off a smell. It,might be a good idea to wallpaper on a cooler day so you can leave the windows open.
The 3rd accent wall was a last minute idea. After we moved in we decided to leave the doors off of the laundry closet in the powder room. I liked the look of it but it was too white. I chose a white and grey peel and stick wallpaper from Rona. It was, again a different texture than the others, this one had a more plastic feeling to it but it was very easy to readjust and there was no smell. 
All in all I enjoyed the peel and stick wallpaper experience and I still love the looks of our wall paper accent walls. And the best part, when I am tired of these patterns or colors.or when I want to redo the rooms I can just peel it off and start over. 
Happy crafting  or happy wallpapering! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

Time Out

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target