Minecraft Birthday Party



Little Miss turned 9 this year! Each year the kids choose theor theme and I run with it! This year she asked for a minecraft party, so far, minecraft is the only theme that my kids have shared. So I wanted to think up some activities that were different than Little Man had at his birthday.
We decided to go for a real life minecraft adventure. We thought it would be fun to paint boxes to look like grass blocks and have the kids build their own houses etc.  I also had big plans of the kids making their own masks and weapons. We did that for Little Man's minecraft birthday party a few years ago but this time I got too caught up with painting boxes, oh so many boxes! Instead of making them, I found these inflatable minecraft weapons, so each kid had one as well as a choice of felt masks to create their character.
If I were to do this again, I would make more creepers. We only had one and the kids at the birthday party all wanted to play with it.
This would be a good activity for summer, let them decide what other characters or bricks they want to paint. We have used these boxes throughout the summer and when we're done with them they can be recycled.
Happy crafting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

Pirate Loot

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target