A Special Christmas Letter


We were very spoiled this Christmas. There was a pile of gifts under the tree and over flowing stockings. We are very fortunate to receive and give so many gifts. One surprising gift was an envelope  from my father. In it was a 2 page typewritten letter that he had written to my grandmother days before I was born.

My parents didn't know if they were expecting a boy or a girl.  It was interesting to see what names they would have chosen if I had been a boy and what traits he hoped i would have. As I read the letter I could hear my father's voice, it hasn't changed in 33 years.

Lots of parents write letters to their childen when they are born. I wrote one for my son. It was more informal written in a note book but the sentimment is the same. I thought of all the things I want for him and advice I wanted to give him but I never thought of when I would give it to him, until now.

It was an amazing and thoughtful gift and espescially on Christmas. Now I have to find the letter and keep it in a safe place. The letter from my Dad came by chance, my aunt had it and sent it back to my Dad. I think it is an amazing gift of history and love that I hope to give to my son one day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games