Olympics and Football and Valentine's oh my!

My house is very eccentrically decorated right now, I love putting up little decorations for any occasion and within the next 2 weeks we have the Olympics, Valentine's Day and the Super Bowl (Oh my!) Lots of things to look forward to and to decorate for, because that's what I do. On display in various parts of the house I have an Olympic rings poster (that we made for a family Olympics we had last year during quarantine) Valentine's hearts and flowers and a football serving platter with cutout football players. 

I wanted to share one of the projects we made for our Family Olympics. It could be fun to make these chocolate Olympic Medals for a themed dessert.  I used chocolate whose wrappers most closely matched the colors of the medals. I wanted the mini Reese peanut butter cups because they are more of a bronze colour but the bigger peanut butter cups worked well and they were actually the one that everyone wanted at the end of the day. I'm not saying that we were all trying to be in 3rd place but...
What you need:
  • Small chocolates in the colours bronze, silver and gold. I used chocolate coins, chocolate peppermint patties and single Reese peanut butter cups.
  • Ribbon, I had a package of multi-coloured ribbon that worked well. 
  • Clear tape, I used the cheap ones from the Dolar Store. 
What to do:
  1. Decide how many medals you need for your family Olympics. Sort the number of chocolates you need. 
  2. Measure and cut the ribbon for each of the medals. I measured the ribbon long enough to fit over my head, that way it was sure to fit everyone. 
  3. Attach the ribbon to the medals using the clear tape. Make sure to tape it to the side with the writing (in the case of the peppermint patties and peanut butter cups) so that the colour of the medal is more evident.                      Happy crafting and let the games begin! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games