Football Stadium Tray

My football stadium serving tray
 I shared part of this post in one of my Blogmas posts, since Super Bowl is coming up this weekend, I thought I'd share it again and link up some of the other Super Bowl posts, crafts and food I shared over the years.

Last year I made a football shaped stadium out of cardboard to serve hubby's birthday supper and used it again for our Super Bowl super. This year I asked a friend, who is great at wood-working if she would help me make a more durable version of my cardboard football stadium. I designed the football stadium fairly large to accommodate big parties but it works out well for our Sunday suppers as well. Now my obsession is filling the stadium with different food to look like a football field and players. I sketched out a quick picture of what I wanted my stadium to look like and my talented friend built this for me. 

To decorate it I painted the outside of the tray green with silver lines for the yards. I added chalkboard paint as a place to write the names of the teams playing. I initially wanted to paint all the NFL team logos around the side but i decided that was too ambitious after I drew the first one and it turned out a little wonky. I left the inside plain wood for now, I am going to paint it with food safe paint but for now I use parchment paper to line the tray if I am going to put food on it or I use foil containers or serving bowls. 
Sometimes I go all out and make a football field out of guacamole or a salad and make the players out of cherry tomatoes. For the rest of the time I just use the tray as a serving tray and Little Man added some football player cutouts to add to the decorations.
Last week we had hotdogs with toppings inspired by football stadium food although with healthier options and cheaper than stadium food. It was something different and the kids loved coming up with different topping combinations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games