First Day of School

The kids are starting new schools this year and I wanted to make the return to school special. 
The day before school started Little Miss said "remember last year when we had a spa day the day before school?" 
I got the hint and set up a spa afternoon to pamper Little Miss and her doll.
I decided to do manicures and pedicures for our spa treatments complete with a footbath and then of course relaxing spa music and some spa snacks. We always have special snacks on our spa days and 'spa juice' which is usually fruit juice with some berries in it and our snacks are usually cut up fruit but call it a spa snack and that makes it fancy!
We spent the afternoon enjoying our spa and getting manicures and pedicures. It was a nice way to end summer vacation and prepare for the new school year. 
I always like to decorate for back to school, usually a chalk board sign, something simple but this year I went all out. 
I like to decorate the middle shelf of our dinning room hutch. I didn't have many back to school decorations but I had a lot of school supplies, so I got creative.
I also transformed our plain white napkins into lined paper using blue and red pens and a ruler. I was really happy with the overall look of it and the kids were surprised in the morning.  I topped it off with a cinnamon bun and fruit salad for breakfast and it was a great start to the school year!
Happy crafting and happy back to school!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

Pom-pom Yoga Games

Time Out