Garden Set-up and Updates
I was looking back at my garden posts from years past and I noticed that I always post my garden setup and I always have the best intentions to post some updates but never follow through with it. This year I waited so long to post my garden setup so I thought I would post the update at the same time.

This was my early summer setup. This year we planted sweet peas, 3 varieties of tomatoes, carrots, beets, basil and our strawberry plant. One thing that I do every year is over plant my tomatoes, I always think I need more plants, forgetting how fast they grow and we end up with so many tomatoes, luckily I have a tomato monster at home!
Part of my summer garden setup this year was giving a my rain moose a make over. I bought this little moose for my dad the first Father's Day after Little Man was born. My dad kept the moose at his cottage for years, when we sold the cottage I took the moose home for my garden. He has lost his umbrella which helped the rain fall into the beaker and he has faded over the years so I gave him a little refresh and placed him in my garden.
We have had a good harvest so far this year. It was our first year that our strawberry plant produced fruit. One of my favorite things about my garden is being able to pick tomatoes and basil for a light pasta sauce which pairs so well with shrimp or salmon, delicious! A close second favorite thing about our garden, is the garden snacks. Little Miss will jump out of the pool, eat and handful of tomatoes and sweet peas and continue playing. Happy gardening!



Comments
Post a Comment