Blogmas Day 9: Lego Snowglobes

 

To me snowglobes are a Christmas craft. I made one with my Grandmother one Christmas when I was little. I remeber using an old jam jar and we glued a sumrf figurine in the lid. it felt like a very magical craft at the time. When I saw these snowglobes at the Dollarstore I was flooded with memories of crafting with my Grandmother and wanted to share that with my kids.
We could have used little figurine, we definitely have enough of them in the toy box but we also have a large amount to Lego. The kids both got Lego advent calendars for a special present this year and we are in a Lego phase right now. 
What you need: 
•Empty snowglobe or jar
•Lego to make a Christmas creation
•Glitter
•Glue gun 
What you do:
1. Use your Lego to make a Christmas creation.  While you're making your creation make sure that it fits in the opening of the snowglobe (speaking from experience!) Little man made a funky snowman and Little Miss made a Christmas tree for their snowglobes. 

2. If you are using an empty plastic snowglobe sand the bottom a little bit so that the hot glue will stick. Let the glue dry overnight.
3. Add the glitter. Be. Careful. You really don't want to spill the glitter, one packet will cover your whole house. So maybe you can tell but I'm not a big fan of glitter. needless to say, I did this part. 

4. Fill the snowglobes with water, making sure not to overfill. I undefiled ours a little bit, I would suggest to full until you are just shy of the top.
Let it snow! Shake and enjoy the snowfall without having to put on your hat and mits!
Happy crafting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games