Having Fun With Yoga


In my search for yoga books for kids I found the PedaYoga series. It's a series of books and games designed for use in schools, daycares and the home, to introduce yoga to children. The books are illustrated and use children and the PedaYoga mascot  Namaste a yoga practicing monkey to demonstrate the poses.

For the parents/teachers the books explain the positive impact of yoga for children as well as techniques to teach yoga to children including not only good poses for children but also visualisation techniques. I haven't gotten to the visualisation with my little man yet but the games are a big hit.

Our favourite yoga game is the yoga wheels. You chose one position per wheel, the wheels are numbered 1-4, and you do each chosen pose in order. I went a step further, colouring the wheels and gave them spinners to make it more game-like.

While most of the books are in French, there is one in English as well as games like Yoga Bingo, which are mainly illustrated. I have found this to be a great resource and a great way to have some fun with yoga.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games