Our Garden Rocks!


Living in a condo I don't have much space for a garden. And even if I did I don't have the best track record with plants. If you don't have the time space or the green thumb required for a garden a big garden this project is for you!

We set off to make markers for my tiny balcony herb garden and it grew from there, as any good project does!

I was at Michael's the other day and picked up some of those cute chalk board style sticker labels but I put them back because I didn't think I had a use for them. While we were placing the rocks i was thinking that this would be the perfect time to use those labels but since i didn't have them i went with black paper, chalk and tape. I think it works just as well.

Cost: About $10.00 (depending on the plants you use and if you have soil and planters)

Time: About 30 minutes (with drying and planting)
Material:
  • Bag of river rocks
  • Permanent markers
  • Plant pots
  • Soil
  • Black construction paper
  • Chalk
Directions:

  • Choose which herbs you want to plant.
  • Decorate the rocks with the names of the herbs
  • Decorate the rest of the rocks as insects

  • Let the rocks dry
  • Prepare your planters with herbs in one and soil only in the other.
  • Arrange the rocks in your garden or planters. Arrange the names of the herbs in one planter and the insect rocks in the rock garden
  • Using the chalk write 'herb garden' and 'rock garden' on the black paper, tear the edges of the paper. Tape in the planters with clear packing tape.

Enjoy the warm weather and the fresh herbs!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games