Blogmas Day 20

Day 20
Baking Day
Candy cane cookies,they look like candy canes but they don't taste like candy canes.  These are a family favorite. I make them every year. The recipe is from an aunt, she gave it to my mom when I was little (I'm pretty sure because I asked for it.) They are a bit fussy to make and they were never my mom's favorite to make. When I was in my teens my mom handed the recipe over to me. They have been my Christmas cookie tradition ever since. The recipe card is worn and stained as any good recipe card is. I have thought about re-copying it, but it wouldn't be the same. The old card in my mom's handwriting is part of the tradition. I hope you are all enjoying the season and your own baking traditions.
Happy Holidays and happy baking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games